8 posts • joined 25 Mar 2011
" page[s] of the band[s] Maroon 5 . . . also reported as having been hit by similar scams"
What were they thinking? Or are 'teh 5' inexplicably popular in Belarus or wherever the scammers are based?
They really seem . . .
. . . keen for this thing to fail.
Poor product design?
Reducing the size of the page turn buttons seems particularly wrong headed. Still, at least it has them. At first glance I thought you had to use the nav pad.
Useful research . . .
. . . that proves there's no fanboi like an Apple fanboi.
"...and the complete inability to delete or reorder them is almost enough reason to stop"
You can actually do it - though it took me a few minutes to work out how:
Swipe left to book marks
Tap Quick Access
Brings up orderable list (tap-hold to delete)
Better than stock Android folders
FO allows you to customise the folder icon, making it a lot easier to find what you're looking for.
Also, unlike the stock Android folders, an open FO folder resizes itself to fit its contents, making it much easier to click the background to close the folder (useful for us cack-handers where the close button is a bit of a stretch).
Presumably because Los Angeles, as "une ville", is a feminine noun.
Alternatively, they're running scared of some other trademarked "LA Noir"
Proprietary power connector?
The poor battery life may not be so much of a problem if it uses a standard connector like micro USB to save you having to cart an extra charger around wherever you go.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...