4 posts • joined 4 Nov 2006
No such thing as a merger IMHO, its always takeover
So with that, who's buying who?
Windows 8.1 Easy Transfer - not
Would be alot easier if 8.1 Easy Transfer still allowed you to use a cable (USB/ethernet) or indeed read the XP easy transfer files.
Both of which changes from 8 make the move from XP to 8.1 irritatating...
great, now i get printouts of the watches and mortgate spam and no-ink when I actually want to print something out!
This is very true, more so of the Debian based distro's.
Exim is a worst case example I think in Debian. The Debian stuff is STILL at V3 which hasn't had any developer support for over four years. The devs even setup a separate maillist just to cover then and stop the main list getting drowned in V3 questions which people can hardly remember anymore.
It also doesn't help that alot of packages make up their own directory layout and can be difficult to place in other ways. and again the distro's have their own layout which they config the package into - eg package1 uses /usr/local/package1 by default; package2 uses /usr/local; distro one puts things in /usr, distro 2 puts things in /usr/sfw....
it's a mess and this needs sorting out not just for linux based systems for for the Unix world in general.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE