2 posts • joined Thursday 10th March 2011 17:02 GMT
Ta for this, Reg. You prevented me hurling my computer out of the window in a fit of 'why won't this f***ing thing connect to the Internet' pique.
Funny how McAfee can get 'please buy more from us' emails out but not 'we have screwed your computer'.
Still, to be fair, once you had pointed me in the right direction, the fix was quick and painless.
How can Sky justify...
...that I own my Sky+ HD box as in if it breaks it's down to me, but that if I un-subscribe (as I have had to do for a while due to a household financial meltdown) they turn off the recording function? Either I own the box or I don't. There is now a nice big shiny hard drive inside the box with very little to do. Its not even as if the charge for the Sky+ part anyway.
Given their intransigence, and given that my finances will again change, I may just look at using someone else and throwing 'my' Sky+ HD box in the bin. Still, look on the bright side, I suppose Sky could have turned off the HD part as well.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default