7 posts • joined Wednesday 9th March 2011 16:26 GMT
Digital Stream was asked to supply a review sample for this new round-up but it declined because the current models are relatively old and due to be replaced in the near future.
It's a similar case with the Fetch TV Smartbox, which is about to have an overhaul of its firmware and user interface.
Review stock was not available for the Sony HDT500 either, and it's said to be in very short supply at retailers at the moment.
The biggest SD card capacity that it accepts is 32GB. I'm not sure about the maximum number of files, that may depend on formatting, but using plenty of folders and sub-folders would probably get around any problems. The menu seems to be fast enough for long lists.
NB: typical battery life is listed at about 5hrs if using video all the time, 20hrs for radio and 24hrs for audio only (which is roughly in line with what I found when using it).
BBC stations yes or no?
Yes, you can listen to all of the live BBC radio stations on the Q2. The national ones listed on its software are: Radio 1, 1Xtra, 2, 3, Radio 4 & 4LW, 5Live, 6Music & 7 (soon to be 4Extra); plus what looks like every local station; that's about 60 live BBC stations in all, not counting podcasts.
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job