3 posts • joined 4 Mar 2011
Re: > £3000???
£3000 is a high price, but one that I considered worthwhile. I have the earlier AT4000E which cost £2,500 retail a year or two back.
This gives me a device that creates a screen that is just shy of 3m diagonal in full HD, at a lower noise than any of its competitors when it was released. I can watch pretty much any movie I choose in the comfort of my own home, with cheap beer and snacks, on any format or source (DVD, Blu-ray or streaming from my media PC) in 7.2 sound (with my Onkyo AV amp). Allowing pausing of the show when the lady needs a comfort break, no concern or cost of baby-sitters and not least of all none of that crud that comes with sharing space with sweet wrapper scrunching, chattering hoi-polloi with big hats.
Last time we chose to visit a cinema, we shelled out over £50 for two, with snacks, fuel, parking... The picture and sound was worse, the chairs less comfortable, queues there, along with noisy f***ers.
I would recommend looking into it. How much would a 110" LCD or plasma cost?
That said, I would bother with 3D, it's sh**
You have never heard of, use, or own a headset, wired, or otherwise...
Or do you use a dick to phone?
Kill it dead, with its own arm...
Then the rain will come, to hide my non-existent tears
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes