3 posts • joined 3 Nov 2006
re Oldest Joke...
This is my fave...
A light aircraft crashed into a cemetary this morning. The police have recovered 500 bodies and fear there may be many more.
Now, that IS funny...
Nuclear weapons won't ever deter small scale shenanigans like kidnapping stray / not stray service personnel because for some reason using them is seen as being morally wrong. So, they can only be used in a Mutually Assured Destruction retaliation context.
Killing 1000's with anything other than nuclear / chemical / biological devices, however, is seen as OK. Therefore they can be used in preemptive strikes.
BTW, I would imaging blowing up a nuclear fuel processing / bomb making plant would make a bit of a radioactive mess however it was done.
Best tactic for avoiding kidnap is to maybe not be within a couple of Km of folk that might want some kidnappees in the first place. Or, maybe take this advice http://www.bumperart.com/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=2004011539&productID=859
Don't Overlook Oracle's Data Hub Product...
I disagree with the statement that Oracle's hub-based approach is assuming master data will be stored in a datawarehouse.
Oracle's Customer Data Hub product is an active repository NOT a datawarehouse. It is specifically designed to provide a master view of data for use by transactional operational systems not just analytics.
It's not just IBM that have a flexible understanding of master data management.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast