1 post • joined 3 Nov 2006
What about Virtualisation?
Hey there -
Something that seems to have been overlooked is how cool these CPUs should be for virtulisation workloads.
Of course, I'm assuming that these CPU's support the Intel Virtualisation technology...
Consider a Xen environment with 3 or 4 DomU's.
mmm... Fast virtualised boxes...
Maybe you should start including some virtulisation benchmarks in your reviews? :)
Xen with hardware virtualisation support is getting closer and closer and once it is available for Solaris as a Dom0, I'll certainly be getting something with 4 cores. :)
At least they have the potential to be very cool. (Tech cool - Not physically).
I'll certainly consider something like this at home when the price cools off a little... (though I'd more likely wait for the 4 core with single shared cache jobbie...)
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR