1 post • joined 3 Nov 2006
What about Virtualisation?
Hey there -
Something that seems to have been overlooked is how cool these CPUs should be for virtulisation workloads.
Of course, I'm assuming that these CPU's support the Intel Virtualisation technology...
Consider a Xen environment with 3 or 4 DomU's.
mmm... Fast virtualised boxes...
Maybe you should start including some virtulisation benchmarks in your reviews? :)
Xen with hardware virtualisation support is getting closer and closer and once it is available for Solaris as a Dom0, I'll certainly be getting something with 4 cores. :)
At least they have the potential to be very cool. (Tech cool - Not physically).
I'll certainly consider something like this at home when the price cools off a little... (though I'd more likely wait for the 4 core with single shared cache jobbie...)
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids