11 posts • joined Wednesday 16th February 2011 18:41 GMT
Wrong way round
Why oh why did they use the reverse body style! Admittedly it's fairly ugly with all the gubbins anyway but at least the original shape had some style. Bleurgh.
Actually I think you'll find that the world in general (at least the developed world) is a vastly safer place for children (& everybody else) than it used to be. The fears have become big & scary but by almost any measure the actual incidence of incidents has declined. Smile, things are much better than you think.
Why load it up?
I can't see why it needs to be loaded up with the 'waste and unwanted hardware' - surely anything to be thrown out could be gently lobbed at the big blue globe where it would burn up on its own.
And the net result is?
I wonder how much effect fining a public body has? In this case it will mean that some other council service is cut or curtailed or that the future council tax will be increased, hard to see how this acts as any sort of deterrent or punishment.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad