2 posts • joined 9 Feb 2011
At least this patent suit targets proprietary software for a change...
The patent suits Apple has been perpetrating are doing nothing short of making me scream. Since Windows 8 is proprietary software, let Microsoft get sued! If SurfCast gets an injunction against Windows 8, it will be a BIG win for Linux, Android, and Chrome OS.
Google open sources everything...
Google placing software under an open source license is nothing new. Chrome is open source as Chromium (and the corresponding OS as Chromium OS), and Android has an open source version. Not to mention, there are plenty of projects hosted on Google Code that Google has created by themselves. So really, this came as no surprise to me.
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Competition Your chance to WIN the WORLD'S ONLY HANDHELD ZX SPECTRUM
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring