2 posts • joined 9 Feb 2011
At least this patent suit targets proprietary software for a change...
The patent suits Apple has been perpetrating are doing nothing short of making me scream. Since Windows 8 is proprietary software, let Microsoft get sued! If SurfCast gets an injunction against Windows 8, it will be a BIG win for Linux, Android, and Chrome OS.
Google open sources everything...
Google placing software under an open source license is nothing new. Chrome is open source as Chromium (and the corresponding OS as Chromium OS), and Android has an open source version. Not to mention, there are plenty of projects hosted on Google Code that Google has created by themselves. So really, this came as no surprise to me.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes