2 posts • joined 3 Feb 2011
BBC technology department
I am saddened to see a huge BBC project fail and I have a big, "hey well" once the company Siemens was involved.
I cannot imagine the duties a CTO has with an operation as vast as the current technical department at BBC must be. Just dealing with other department heads, stakeholders and reports must be worth £200K. I am sure private industry pays their top IT management and security people at least that much.
Unfortunately there is now the additional expense of the settlement. Aren't people on garden leave supposed to sit quietly and negotiate? best of luck to Mr. Linwood.
Congratulations and kudos to your friend. Reminds me of the 1990s and how we would do anything to get connected.
Success is a warm glow; best of everything Bill.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Red Hat, Apple scramble for patch batches
- A BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- CoTW Emma Watson should SHUT UP, all this abuse is HER OWN FAULT
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER