1 post • joined 31 Jan 2011
RE: And yet ...
Nobody? Perhaps nobody showed you?
If there was no use for them, people wouldn't buy them. I wouldn't think the "general public" would buy products that they don't have a use for, at a high price, especially in the current economic climate.
Personally I would use the ipad as a convenient way to browse websites without having the pc / laptop turned on or around in the house. It takes up little space and has a big enough screen to view stuff without too much zooming around.
Also for this purpose, not having a keyboard / lid (like a laptop) makes its easier to hold in various positions. The only put off for me is the current model is a little too heavy. If the ipad 2 is light enough, I will get one.
No uses? I have a few.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market