1 post • joined 31 Jan 2011
RE: And yet ...
Nobody? Perhaps nobody showed you?
If there was no use for them, people wouldn't buy them. I wouldn't think the "general public" would buy products that they don't have a use for, at a high price, especially in the current economic climate.
Personally I would use the ipad as a convenient way to browse websites without having the pc / laptop turned on or around in the house. It takes up little space and has a big enough screen to view stuff without too much zooming around.
Also for this purpose, not having a keyboard / lid (like a laptop) makes its easier to hold in various positions. The only put off for me is the current model is a little too heavy. If the ipad 2 is light enough, I will get one.
No uses? I have a few.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan