1 post • joined 21 Jan 2011
Extension to Reg units - include time
They missed out time however, and I make a plea for the millifortnight (20.16 minutes)
This is a very useful length of time, what can you usefully do that takes less than that. (I said usefully!)
It also scales well,
centifortnight - 3.36 hours
microfortnight- about 1.2 seconds
10 microfortnights- just over 2 minutes
The eruption of Vesuvius took out an area of 13 milliWales, although the effects of the blast were felt up to a thousand brontosauruses away. Survivors reported rocks and pumice the size of Bulgarian airbags falling from the sky for a centifortnight before the tragedy, and experts have calculated the total debris would fill around 120,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
1 year is 26 fortnights (and one day, but as that day is New Years Eve, and most people don't remember it, it doesn't count)
I know, I know I should be doing real work, but, it's a Friday.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can