1 post • joined 21 Jan 2011
Extension to Reg units - include time
They missed out time however, and I make a plea for the millifortnight (20.16 minutes)
This is a very useful length of time, what can you usefully do that takes less than that. (I said usefully!)
It also scales well,
centifortnight - 3.36 hours
microfortnight- about 1.2 seconds
10 microfortnights- just over 2 minutes
The eruption of Vesuvius took out an area of 13 milliWales, although the effects of the blast were felt up to a thousand brontosauruses away. Survivors reported rocks and pumice the size of Bulgarian airbags falling from the sky for a centifortnight before the tragedy, and experts have calculated the total debris would fill around 120,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
1 year is 26 fortnights (and one day, but as that day is New Years Eve, and most people don't remember it, it doesn't count)
I know, I know I should be doing real work, but, it's a Friday.
- iPad = i FAD! NOW we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball