4 posts • joined Wednesday 19th January 2011 12:06 GMT
T-Mob called me out of the blue two months ago (I used to be one of their customers) and offered me a free (white) iPhone 4 in exchange for a £27 per month contract over two years.
One of the few sales calls I'm glad I listened to!
Bloom off Rose?
That's funny - YouView said last month that its "technology team has already successfully defined the technical environment, built the user interface, established a framework for content providers and developed the core technical specifications for developing YouView set top boxes." And indeed, that YouView is "moving from the concept and design phase into the delivery phase".
-- as reported by the Reg (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/08/anthony_rose_leaves_youview/).
But now you say that "working out how to get [existing IPTV] systems to talk to each other - or even building an entirely new framework from scratch - will take time."
Hmm. Perhaps some revision of the Reg's glowing opinion of Anthony Rose is warranted, given his sudden departure last month with so much work still apparently to do?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout