4 posts • joined Friday 14th January 2011 09:13 GMT
Dual-perspective 3D TVs - Isn't this a normal 3D TV with glasses that had 2 left or 2 right lenses, you can then sit anywhere?
Now In 3D!
Samsung dropped IR due to all the issues they had with Sunlight, lighting and IR remotes making it loose sync., Bluetooth does seem to work much better not seen any sync issues.
I'm guessing the new spec will also cover Bluetooth, it does say 'RF systems' as opposed to just IR , that's the only way I can see "will be backwards compatible with any 2011 3D active TVs" is possible, all samsung 2011 TVs are bluetooth already.
Of course the sceptic in me thinks the 'licensing' plan may be to try and stop (or cash in) on those 'clone' IR Glasses that seem to be popping up.
(Icon:3d glasses! )
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst