1 post • joined 12 Jan 2011
The 14.4 refers to the capacity of the storage blade. It is more of a model number, not a name.
The renaming has nothing to do with the reputation of the product. Talk to folks who have one (like me), they're great systems. The new names make it easier to see where each product fits from a functionality standpoint. Names like Emprise 5000, Emprise 7000 and Emprise 9000 didn't really communicate what these units were and how they related to each other. The only thing I'd like to see that isn't there is a way to identify the SATA blades vs FC with some designator like they're using H for the hybrids.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?