1 post • joined 12 Jan 2011
The 14.4 refers to the capacity of the storage blade. It is more of a model number, not a name.
The renaming has nothing to do with the reputation of the product. Talk to folks who have one (like me), they're great systems. The new names make it easier to see where each product fits from a functionality standpoint. Names like Emprise 5000, Emprise 7000 and Emprise 9000 didn't really communicate what these units were and how they related to each other. The only thing I'd like to see that isn't there is a way to identify the SATA blades vs FC with some designator like they're using H for the hybrids.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers