4 posts • joined 5 Jan 2011
"You can switch it off here"
You can't stop Google logging your searches, it seems, unless I've not read between the lines correctly? See the "However" caveat:
"You can remove all Web History from your Google Account at any time. While signed in to your Google Account:
Go to google.com/history.
Click Remove all web history.
Hg Delay line: 'ow it worked
NB The banning of lead in solder is another example of EU over-reaction IMHO. The likely consequences ( higher failure-rates in electronic products) represent a possible ticking bomb.
Re Nup on AC
Sadly, your pithy "Power is Power" explanation is a tad over-simplistic : in AC circuits we have reactive currents as well as resistive: the former do not result in power dissipation. Hence the importance of power factor when specifying many higher-power electrical devices. Of more relevance to the SMPS example given here is the nature of the mains current waveform, which is highly non-sinusoidal, and thus the rms current x rms voltage equation does not yield true (i.e billed) power consumption. The typical error factor is in the range +50 to +100% .
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low