While I don't presume toll m speak for others, with respect to my equipment, you can suck it. I'm not upgrading ANYTHING to Windows X. It sucks, it's horrid, it's not intuitive, it's noisy, it's clunky and its invasive. The only way I'd even remotely consider it is under the following conditions:
1) Implementation of the full Aero UI
2) Stop recording my shit, this includes mouse clicks, keyboard responses, search results, cookies, etc. Just stop!
3) Do NOT change anything to what you think is better than the way I have it configured. It may not be the most efficient way, but it works in a way that's predictable to me.
4) Do NOT assume that I want to participate in any cloud based or "as a service" offering. It's still my hardware and my data, you have to right to redirect it.
5) Revamp your entire support site! It sucks and I'm tired of having to dig to find some error code, only to get redirected to a page promoting windows 10.
Meet these 5 demands and I'll consider it. But I'll tell ya, the jackass who took the reins after Balmer has made my decision to ditch all things MS pretty easy.
On a side note: Tim Cook should really consider awarding Nadella salesman of the decade, for Apple...