6 posts • joined Monday 20th December 2010 12:15 GMT
Re: Compulsary Box Ticking Training
Sound like standard FSA courses to me. Usually powerpoint presentation followed by 20 or so multiple choice questions of which 2 answers are obviously wrong
Re: iPads feeling expensive now
I have 3 android tablets but even I have say the if you have a Apple eco system with an iphone or Mac PC then iPad is better choice then android. Plus apple aftersales is way ahead of anything I have seen from any android manufacture. Also they may not be VFM but if you have the cash and are want something that 'just works' then apple is still a good choice.
Re: What I'd be looking for in such a thing
Another vote for the micro server. A fraction of the price of the top end NAS boxes and solid performance. I have supplied a few as NAS / media playback device. Add a couple of GB of RAM, a £30 video card, your choice of O/S and they will happily playback HD video.
Why use SFF
Becuase most people would prefer to have something small and discret in their lounge. Save the storage for the home office, or like me in the loft. Install ethernet next time you decorate (seems to be more popular with new builds luckily) and you can keep the mrs happy.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat