2 posts • joined 16 Dec 2010
response to Anonynmous Coward
Anonymous Coward, we most certainly did take a close look at both Veeam and PHD, as we consider each of these vendors to be very significant vendors in this market. As for asking the right questions, I am obviously not the best person to address this. I will tell you that one of the participants in the research - and not one of the highest ranked vendors - told us: "...there were a lot of very creative questions that took some great insight and understanding of the environment and problems within the VM backup space. Kudos to the people that put together the questionnaire!” reastman at smbresearch (dot) net
response to Michael C
Michael C: As one of the collaborators on this research, I don't quite understand how a response rate correlates to an error rate. The fact of the matter is that we went to great lengths to identify the players in the virtual server backup software market, and made contact with each of the major vendors with an invitation to participate. I am guessing that if every piece of research that did not get 100% response were never published, then there could be a lot of quite good research that would not see the light of day. We feel that this piece of research has some very good integrity and value.
I respect your opinion. I believe however that our research has some very good value to provide to vendors, end-users, service providers, and to the discussion of virtual server backup software. reastman @ smbresearch dot net
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook