2 posts • joined 7 Dec 2010
It's less about revenue than margin
Chris, regarding your statement: "...Dell's failure to generate significant revenue from its co-branded EMC CLARiiON block-access arrays..." I suspect this is more about margin than revenue. At one time Dell was a significant portion of EMC CLARiiON revenue, but they derive better margins from the Equallogic products. The acquisition of Compellent will give them the ability to capture more margin in larger enterprises.
The list of VSA's doesn't stop with LeftHand (or NetApp)
In your discussion of Storage Virtual Appliances, you left off StorMagic (www.stormagic.com), which was one of the first to ship an SVA. They carry the VMware Ready designation: http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/323773. They also recently signed a reseller relationship with NetWorld, VMware's largest reseller in Japan.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR