4 posts • joined Monday 6th December 2010 01:02 GMT
Great for the geezers
Ideal for the elderly. Instead of struggling to get the incompetent oldsters off the road, let's just put them in self-driving cars.
Pathogens in space
The research claiming that some bacteria become more virulent in space is just another example of over-hyped NASA astrobiology research; see the RRResearch post here: http://rrresearch.fieldofscience.com/2011/04/do-bacteria-become-superbugs-in-space.html.
Researchers think NASA is wrong
I've posted a long critique of the microbiology and molecular biology at http://rrresearch.blogspot.com.
Alex Bradley has provided the chemist's critique over at ScienceBlogs, at http://scienceblogs.com/webeasties/2010/12/guest_post_arsenate-based_dna.php.
We agree that the authors' conclusions and NASA's hype are unfounded.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!