1 post • joined 27 Nov 2010
So it says no one's data was compromised. Does that mean none of their tools log in to their servers, or have any auto-update/news/whatever functionality that calls out to their servers? Because, if so, that means users may have been connecting to an attacker-controlled server. In theory, one could use this so send an 'auto-update' of their own, or otherwise send tainted input to the client.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed