1 post • joined 27 Nov 2010
So it says no one's data was compromised. Does that mean none of their tools log in to their servers, or have any auto-update/news/whatever functionality that calls out to their servers? Because, if so, that means users may have been connecting to an attacker-controlled server. In theory, one could use this so send an 'auto-update' of their own, or otherwise send tainted input to the client.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great