1 post • joined 27 Nov 2010
So it says no one's data was compromised. Does that mean none of their tools log in to their servers, or have any auto-update/news/whatever functionality that calls out to their servers? Because, if so, that means users may have been connecting to an attacker-controlled server. In theory, one could use this so send an 'auto-update' of their own, or otherwise send tainted input to the client.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA