5 posts • joined Friday 19th November 2010 13:47 GMT
Ratfinks...volatilizes is a word in the scrabble dictionary........
Pedant alert ......Union Flag \ Jack
The OED defines the Union Jack as "Originally and properly, a small British Union Flag flown as the jack of a ship"
However, an Admiralty Circular of 1902 noted that the two names were interchangeable, and Parliament confirmed the terminology in 1908 by declaring 'the Union Jack should be regarded as the national flag.
With acknowledgment to "The Union Jack, the story of the British Flag" by Nick Groom
And if you just look closely...
at the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm, you can just see where they are building the Hyperspace bypass. They need to get rid of that insignificant little blue-green planet though.
They should be able to fill their hovercarft though.....
Meanwhile at the tobacconists
....would you like to come back to my place bouncy bouncy
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk