6 posts • joined 19 Nov 2010
Anyone remember Todd Landers doing this in Neighbours with a Commodore 64 and a "modm"?
Looks interesting. If it's fanless and can run debian then colour me interested! If not, I'll stick with my Shuttle XS35GT.
Surprised no-one's mentioned the reconstructed Cannonball Outrun or the accompanying LayOut track designer:
clearly a labour of love!
Not the original trilogy...
Doesn't it at least deserve a mention that these are not the original theatrical versions?
Want to see a decent sketch effect?
Sketch effects can be done well, check this one out:
The graphics weren't basic
"It didn’t matter that the graphics were basic - these games were addictive because of the simplicity."
This was not my experience at the time - the graphics were amazing, I remember seeing games like outrun and streetfighter and being blown away at how great the graphics were.
The point of reference for most people was their C64/Spectrum at home, and the arcade graphics were far superior.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base