2 posts • joined 17 Nov 2010
The problem is testing, not coding
A static code analyzer would have found this problem easily. The real problem is TESTING, not coding. Commercial vendors can afford high quality software testing tools. Open source developers usually don't have these resources, so they're reduced to error-prone manual code review. Good software ain't cheap. Open source software is worth every penny you pay for it.
Tilera's architecture isn't MIPS-based
Just a minor correction. Tilera's 64-core system-on-chip design isn't based on the MIPS architecture, it's their own. It has a VLIW 3-pipeline instruction set with DSP-like extensions. It comes with a gcc-based toolchain, and a port of SMP Linux supported by kernel 2.6.36.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!