2 posts • joined 17 Nov 2010
The problem is testing, not coding
A static code analyzer would have found this problem easily. The real problem is TESTING, not coding. Commercial vendors can afford high quality software testing tools. Open source developers usually don't have these resources, so they're reduced to error-prone manual code review. Good software ain't cheap. Open source software is worth every penny you pay for it.
Tilera's architecture isn't MIPS-based
Just a minor correction. Tilera's 64-core system-on-chip design isn't based on the MIPS architecture, it's their own. It has a VLIW 3-pipeline instruction set with DSP-like extensions. It comes with a gcc-based toolchain, and a port of SMP Linux supported by kernel 2.6.36.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs