1 post • joined 17 Nov 2010
Tilera's architecture isn't MIPS-based
Just a minor correction. Tilera's 64-core system-on-chip design isn't based on the MIPS architecture, it's their own. It has a VLIW 3-pipeline instruction set with DSP-like extensions. It comes with a gcc-based toolchain, and a port of SMP Linux supported by kernel 2.6.36.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Pics Indescructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY