4 posts • joined Monday 23rd October 2006 15:01 GMT
They seem to have misinterpretted figures
They seem to be using the fact that 40% of hospital illness is caused by tobacco as a reason to say that it's very harmful. But they don't appear to be comparing apples to apples. Perhaps if Heroin were as readily available as Tobacco a far higher proportion of hospital illnesses or deaths would be caused by that instead.
Luckily for us...
We're in the UK, and hence covered by that wonderful thing that is the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services act. If vista isn't fit for purpose we can demand our money back regardless of any implicit or explicit warranties (or lack thereof) on the manufacturer's part.
What's so special about this? Even *Apple* hardware is cheeper! For the same price as this machine you could get a 24" iMac with a 2.16Ghz processor, a better graphics card, and an eyeTV.
It just doesn't seem to stack up at all.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst