1 post • joined 10 Nov 2010
Hybrid Air Vehicles, the LEMV and HAV 304
Great to hear Hybrid Air Vehicles are well on track for an on time delivery of the new HAV 304 for the US Army. I think you will find that the hovercraft, the Harrier jump jet and supersonic Concord, that were all great flying machines designed in Blighty, will soon have a new friend in aviation history. The future also looks interesting as Hybrid Air Vehicles also has the Skycat series, which is now of great interest to the US Air Force for long range point to point cargo.
The big green deal with these new Hybrid Air Vehicles is their amazing low fuel consumption, about 10 to 15% of the equivalent gas guzzling fixed wing aircraft. The reason is partly because they use Helium to provide most of the lift, but also they use the latest fuel efficient diesels. They are destined to change the course of aviation history for airborne surveillance, cargo and even for passengers who prefer comfort to speed.
Regards JB ( http://www.hybridairship.net and Gasbags comedy site http://www.hybridblimp.net
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it