9 posts • joined Tuesday 9th November 2010 10:48 GMT
they realized it - but too late
Can we hope firefox-os can give us more freedom ?
dont think so ! too late ! ppl r locked-in to not one but two ecosytems.
The open firefox browser should never have put a google search box by default;
as if google is non-profit and it has the best interests of web consumers.
Q3 2012 will be the mariana trench for nokia
But from Q4 2012 the grand revival will start !
smart glass is a device independent
smart glass :
1. device independent [ works on android, ios, wp7, wp8, w8, wrt ,etc]
2. it is not a readmade app: it is rather a platform that devs can creatively capitalize on
3. for example:
a tv remote
a game controller
a keyboard to browse menus and internet [IE]
a companion for tv shows, movies, games and music.
a mouse / keyboard [both] with tv being the monitor and xbox being CPU
what about skype, instagram
I dont understand matt; why you have not considered skype and instagram.
obviously they are leaders in their respective fields and are now sided with microsoft.
opensource cannot sustain real corps.
simple open source rules corps follow [including famed open-Google and others]
1. software that is bread and butter to my company - keep it locked in
[ google search engine, google gmail , etc]
2. software that will kill my competitors - make it open source
[ google docs, etc]
3. software that will make my proprietary s/w more popular / deeply routed - make it open source
[ google android, etc]
- freemium is the other face of open source.
- also I hope the commentators here have a clarity about being open and providing open source code.
two sides of a coin
its the blogs and the media gone crazy, i for one working with silverlight and html5 am not bothered a bit.
both will live long enough and compensate each other, as they have individual strengths and weaknesses.
google wave = facebook messages
I was wondering if google wave found an avatar as facebook messages, how r they different ?
enterprise customers dictate cloud roadmap and interoperability
cloud is all about enterprise acceptance, with reliability, security and lockin issues at stake.
no wonder the alliance is supported by the appropriate kind.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire