4 posts • joined Monday 8th November 2010 13:00 GMT
Support is woeful
Every time you update the maps the favourites get trashed or the thing just doesnt work or freezes/reboots, is a widely known issue. Tomtom support answer? "delete mapsettings.cfg every time you update" well thats great not only does it reset many preferences it wipes any favourites you have stored.
I went Tomtom for the Live services and that is quite good but the support and update issue will mean I will be going elsewhere for my next device/software....
what a surprise?
I for one have never relied on the 'expertise' of a store salesman in these kind of stores. Must be mad to take their word when there are plenty of sources of info online, product reviews etc.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action