5 posts • joined 2 Nov 2010
And another thing...
" the continued survival of both can happen "only where there is a stable bilingual group, and this is possible only if the competing languages are sufficiently similar".
Quechua and Spanish are *not* similar languages and there is *not* a stable bilingual group
Quechua - a dead language?
Interesting article - but spoilt a bit by the claim the that Spanish has virtually eradicated Quechua. True it has been severely reduced but (according to wikipedia) "It is the most widely spoken language family of the indigenous peoples of the Americas, with a total of probably some 6 to 8 million speakers "
Try not to get too excited
"Apple has *apparently* banned " ... "Their problem, *he said*, was the subject matter."
"it's going to have to become rather more broad-minded about what it lets onto the App Store than it currently *appears to be*."
Surely this is nothing to do with the App Store - but rather ensuring that Java developers continue to use macs for WORA development
of course, the innovstion would be getting the chip to do something...
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests