5 posts • joined 2 Nov 2010
And another thing...
" the continued survival of both can happen "only where there is a stable bilingual group, and this is possible only if the competing languages are sufficiently similar".
Quechua and Spanish are *not* similar languages and there is *not* a stable bilingual group
Quechua - a dead language?
Interesting article - but spoilt a bit by the claim the that Spanish has virtually eradicated Quechua. True it has been severely reduced but (according to wikipedia) "It is the most widely spoken language family of the indigenous peoples of the Americas, with a total of probably some 6 to 8 million speakers "
Try not to get too excited
"Apple has *apparently* banned " ... "Their problem, *he said*, was the subject matter."
"it's going to have to become rather more broad-minded about what it lets onto the App Store than it currently *appears to be*."
Surely this is nothing to do with the App Store - but rather ensuring that Java developers continue to use macs for WORA development
of course, the innovstion would be getting the chip to do something...
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER