2 posts • joined 30 Oct 2010
Bull : not one but two!
There is apparently a confusion between Tera 100 and CURIE. These are two different petaflopic supercompters designed and built by Bull.
Tera 100 features 140 00 Intel Xeon "Nehalem EX" processors and delivers a peak performance of 1.25 pflops, and a linpack performance of 1.05. It's today operational and used for rechearch in Defense / nuclear applications.
CURIE has a peak performance of 1.6 pflops. It will features 90 000 cores of Sand Bridge Xeon processors. It will operational in 2011 and used for civil research in the framework of PRACE consortium.
not so hilarious
Timothy, the so-called hilarious Bull company has already designed and produced 2 petaflops-systems, one is today operational and the other will be it on end 2011. Moreover, Bull is working on future exascale systems with partners such as Intel. Open your eyes: there're still good players in Europe!
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS