2 posts • joined 30 Oct 2010
Bull : not one but two!
There is apparently a confusion between Tera 100 and CURIE. These are two different petaflopic supercompters designed and built by Bull.
Tera 100 features 140 00 Intel Xeon "Nehalem EX" processors and delivers a peak performance of 1.25 pflops, and a linpack performance of 1.05. It's today operational and used for rechearch in Defense / nuclear applications.
CURIE has a peak performance of 1.6 pflops. It will features 90 000 cores of Sand Bridge Xeon processors. It will operational in 2011 and used for civil research in the framework of PRACE consortium.
not so hilarious
Timothy, the so-called hilarious Bull company has already designed and produced 2 petaflops-systems, one is today operational and the other will be it on end 2011. Moreover, Bull is working on future exascale systems with partners such as Intel. Open your eyes: there're still good players in Europe!
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt