5 posts • joined Thursday 21st October 2010 23:13 GMT
That will work so well
Creating applications to the lowest common denominator of four operating systems is going to work so well. It worked out great for Java didn't it? (And yes I know this is a different approach to the problem but Java apps never looked truly native because you were always working with a subset of the OS's features.)
Re: 1000 System Admins?
You have system admins based on the number of machines, not on the number of employees. I'm pretty sure that the NSA has a large number of servers in the back end to look after.
Not thrilled about this move Steve
One of my favourite applications, FreeMind, requires Java. I won't be upgrading to Lion if you aren't going to let me run it. I hate having to run a VM just for a particular application. Leaving it open takes up a bunch of resources. Starting up a VM wastes time.
I'm not going to complain about how iOS is so closed. It's always been that way. But I will look somewhere else for my hardware and software if OS X moves towards iOS. And I'm sure that many others will do the same.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene