15 posts • joined Wednesday 20th October 2010 10:36 GMT
This could solve both coverage and reliability issues. If every-time there is no signal from your provider your phone is allowed to roam and ** your provider ** picks up the ** full cost ** of you having to roam to another provider, then market forces will quickly ensure coverage in those black-spots and also ensure a reliable network.
Or is this too simple?
+1 for Carbonite, similar solution here, with just over 1TB hosted at Carbonite, 20 years of home video and 40 years of photos.
Had to do a full restore when two disks in my RAID failed (large power glitch) and got everything back!
Product looking for a Problem - More
Ditto to previous, plus am I going to have to put batteries, or charge all those USB keys and other USB devices that get their 5V power down the cable?
Worse is the bluetooth problems with 4.3 on a Nexus, paining with cars / headsets is buggy and the bulletin boards awash with issues about bluetooth keyboard.
Polar Drill runs out of steam?
Motorola Accompli 008
Motorola Accompli 008 - a product before it time, only really sold in Asia, not available in Europe or USA.
Actually some good arguments
Actually reading the letter they propose sending to US utility companies, 80% of it make good rational sense - unfortunately it's the other 20% that defeats their argument and makes them seem like loons.
and its how secure?
So lets get clear, you rate this as 90%, but this is an app that will tunnel through your home firewall and let you connect to your computers inside your home. And yet there is no mention of "security" anywhere in this article.
More scarily, there in no mention of how secure this app is on the the iStore web page, or even the developers own web page.
Going into the support forum it seem there is little / no security by default.
And you still want to install this app??
Leads me to question how you can do a serious review of a product, and not ask the obvious questions, and how it should ever get a 90% rating [Ahh I forgot, features, features and more features], and we wonder why the bad guys have it so easy.......
Nothing new here
It's a trick obviously learnt from the record companies. Buy it on vinal, but now I want in on cassette for my car, now I need a CD version, and now in MP3. Yes you can rip it (albeit it's always been a legal grey area) but if it's cheap enough most people will simply pay for the convenience of getting it in the correct format.