1 post • joined 17 Oct 2010
You might want to look at the manpage for inet_addr(), in particular the sections that describe handling of "a", "a.b", "a.b.c" and how the "parts" can be specified. The behavior you're complaining about has existed in inet_addr() since before the DNS existed.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers