1 post • joined 17 Oct 2010
You might want to look at the manpage for inet_addr(), in particular the sections that describe handling of "a", "a.b", "a.b.c" and how the "parts" can be specified. The behavior you're complaining about has existed in inet_addr() since before the DNS existed.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?