3 posts • joined 5 Jun 2007
Wo what we essentially have is ...
a petrol engine with full tank et al charging a battery which will drive the electroc motors which power the car. 3 stage process from petrol to motion, each with losses.
I don't notice any stats on what the range of said beastie will be with a full tank of gas - anyone care to compare that with a similar car that doesn't have all the extra heavy electric gubbins on board?
Paris because there's no intelligence behind this design
What's the floating point?
Is there really a benefit to a mouse driven interface over the old BIOS screens driven by keyboards? Certainly whilst the screens look more user friendly, they're still not really meant for the casual user to tinker with. And the extra time, space and effort required to run what essentially does the same job less efitiently.
Granted some bios screens could be a little confusing, but surely that's just down to user interface design. The mere presence of a mouse doesn't automatically mean user interfaces will be well designed and easy to understand.
But then who am I to stand in the way of progress. Change for the sake of change has never backfired on anyone before .... has it?
Greenie Points to the Reg
Well done to all at el Reg. Your huge circulation will help show people (including myself) the way to do a little and hopefully help a lot. Top Marks
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion