Re: Not an easy sell
Hmm: tablet-like graphics + radio etc. About the spec of an ipad a few years ago.... so....
2) touchscreen-controlled domestic appliances? Currently to do anything much with my washing machine beyond turning it off or on, I have to pair it with my phone. That is actually pretty annoying. Can see similar reasoning for house thermostats.
3) Houses with complicated, integrated, energy systems? Solar panels+batteries+wood-pellet-boiler+e-vehicle charging.... all need an interface, nice if they have some sort of networking, although fixed kit should imho have fixed wiring.
4) Chromebook-type-things? Doesn't quite have the beef for modern internet, HD ads, multiple youtube videos etc. Thats a nope on number 4 from me.
5) In-car entertainment player/controller? I notice the ENSIGMA name on the block diagram, this part of IMG works with digital radio & video.
6) Home media server? Should be a good fit actually, no need to shove in a wifi dongle as for R-Pi.