5 posts • joined Wednesday 6th October 2010 12:31 GMT
I dont know what your mobile company told you but my guess is they wanted to charge you for expensive other-phone bytes instead of cheap Blackberry bytes. I dont think that's Blackberry's fault.
Re: Competition Lacking?
Whatsapp's dirty little secret is it does NOT do read-receipts. A lot of people think the double-tick means it is read. It doesn't. Look it up.
On a Bold or Q10, I can quite trivially beat the touch-screen typing world record. I'm not even the fastest in my office, mine is a fairly average Blackberry typing speed. Anyone who pretends they can type "just as fast" on glass is fooling themselves, or lying, or has never measured, or should contact Guinness to take that world record.
The browser WAS horrendous, until 2009 when they bought Torch Mobile.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination