5 posts • joined 6 Oct 2010
I dont know what your mobile company told you but my guess is they wanted to charge you for expensive other-phone bytes instead of cheap Blackberry bytes. I dont think that's Blackberry's fault.
Re: Competition Lacking?
Whatsapp's dirty little secret is it does NOT do read-receipts. A lot of people think the double-tick means it is read. It doesn't. Look it up.
On a Bold or Q10, I can quite trivially beat the touch-screen typing world record. I'm not even the fastest in my office, mine is a fairly average Blackberry typing speed. Anyone who pretends they can type "just as fast" on glass is fooling themselves, or lying, or has never measured, or should contact Guinness to take that world record.
The browser WAS horrendous, until 2009 when they bought Torch Mobile.
JaitcH: Come on, any respectable level of encryption, even "low grade for India and other developing countries", is going to take longer than 15 minutes to crack anyway.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE