Were any Ealing comedies, possibly the last decent films ever made, ever recorded with surround sound ? I don't think so. Back to mono !!
22 posts • joined 1 Oct 2010
Any personal robot needs a weapons platform as well as a good repartee. K9 scores highly for both, but could do with just a bit more homicidal mania :-)
Can I just say how flattered I feel that these people are prepared to waste so much money, and so many resources, just to show me adverts that I'll ignore, or more usually, subconsciously filter out. I'm also rather flattered that they think I am so rich that just because I bought an expensive widget yesterday, I'll be buying another one tomorrow. I wonder what planet they come from ?
All the advance gig listings gone for my favourite band ! What a complete shambles !!
Past and future
I wonder what would have happened if someone had applied the same economic arguments to the building of the railway between, let's say, Croydon and London Bridge. Just imagine all those thousands and thousands who travel to London Bridge every morning having to get the bus - or walk ! Maybe there is no economic argument to keep it running today. What's the alternative - replace it with a 7 mile long supermarket ? Properly managed, railways are an asset for the future, and there in lies the biggest, and probably only argument against HS2. Politicians with short attention spans can't manage anything today, let alone tomorrow.
One area that really needs tidying up is old music. Consider this. Stadium sized band "borrows" some lyrics and riffs from a some 1950's era black musician (who was probably inspired by some earlier source), and makes a killing with it in the 1970's. Forty years later an amateur covers band plays it in a small pub, and gets someone to video it. The video is uploaded to YouTube, and some mega corporation immediately claims it as their own. Maybe that's the strict word of the law, but the law is an ass on this occasion.
Worst companion ever !
(now who has the mind bleach ? I feel dirty remembering that name).
Re: Quite a large amount
I think 400-790 TeraHertz is safe for a while.
It was John Clare who effectively killed off servicing by Dixon's "Mastercare" in house engineers. So much talent was wasted by that man. He almost killed off Dixons*, and now he will do his best to prevent any recovery by Comet.
*some would say this is a good thing, and mostly it is - except when they were paying my wages !
Fortunately that time honoured tradition of beer infridgement is still totally legal.
Perhaps we are expected to observe good practice and not look at the keyboard while typing - just like professional typists can do. Trouble is, I'm not a professional typist, and so the idea is crap, and I'm sticking to Mint !
The how comes later
Somewhere at the back of my mind is the idea that there was one (or more) battery that was in common use before it's exact chemical workings were fully understood (lead-acid ?).
The problem that this, or any other cold fusion device, may seem to break or bend what is currently doctrine about physics should be no bar to it's use. Either it works or it's a sham. If it works, use it, and explain how it works later.
Depends if they taste nice :-)
It's rather fortunate then that 99% of all known good music was already released over 20 years ago. I can live without the remaining 1% !
Pictures or she doesn't exist. Errrr...........
No problem in SE6, but I use my own DNS settings too.
My cat uses her tongue !
Dial a disc
Apart from the music being digitised, that patent sounds a lot like the Post Office's Dial A Disc service. Anyone here old enough to remember dialling 160 to hear abysmal quality music (it always seemed to Free singing Alright Now whenever I tried it).
If the data collected is just transmitter location and identification then I don't think there are any privacy problems. It is no different to adding marine/air navigation beacons to a map, or noting the location of a local TV transmitter.
The real problem is that WE are doing this highly useful work for free. Google, et al, should be paying us for our legwork !
Passive smoking is theft
Those who try and passively smoke are just thieves. That smoke is MY smoke, and anyone who so much as dares to breathe it in should be subject to the full force of the law !
If only Myspace was not laden down with so much flash and CPU pummeling crap it might get a few more subscribers.
Hell, if they just had plain texts adverts, and I had more control of what appears on "my space" I might even consider paying a small, very small, annual subscription for it.
It's a con
There is a not a single phone listed that you can actually buy. Every link takes you to a service provider who only deal in what is the equivalent of hire purchase. For 24 months they have you by the short and curlies !