4 posts • joined 21 Sep 2010
Everybody is paying the Microsoft tax
It is quite simple Microsoft managed to convince (bribed/extort) OEM's to deliver their hardware with Windows in such way that you hardly can buy a PC without it. So yes the average PC-buyer always has Windows on its PC and has no real incentive to change from operating system.
Remembers me of the Philips P2000C
Back in time we used a Philips P2000C which concept looks like quite similar to this one. Except for the bigger screen and 2 80 track floppies rightsided with an amazing 360 kb if remember correctly. With 80x25 lines, Wordstar,Calcstar and MBASIC it was a quite usefull computer albeit a little hefty to carry. Later on you even could get an MS-DOS co-powerboard and a 10 Mb HDD. Great machine!
Get two Pringle cans
I remember a look a like story but that editor boosted the signal strenght and direction by building two antennas from a Pringle can. It surely should be worth a try.
Hard to believe.
Oracle only interest in MySQL so far has been the enterprise edition which happens to be payware. So I am just migrating my GPL MySQL servers to Postgres because I do not see any reason to believe Larry or Edward
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes