3 posts • joined 20 Sep 2010
Of course there is no global warming
Any idiot can see that on the east coast of the US, this winter has been colder than last summer, so there is obviously no global warming!
Clearly, the amateur skeptics are smarter than the climate scientists.
Your article says Google consumed 260 megaWatt-hours in 2010...
As there are 8,766 hours in an average year, this implies that Google is using electricity at a rate of 29,660 Watts. In other words all Google data centers are consuming energy less hungrily than 30 one-kiloWatt electric fires. Very commendable economy!
In fact, Urs Hoelzle said that Googles' *rate* of consumption was 260 megaWatts. (Equivalent to 260,000 electric fires.)
History is Bunk
Sorry. Some of your history is bunk.
The mouse was invented and patented by Doug Engelbart of Stanford Research Institute in 1964 to use with the GUI of his NLS interactive office system.
The first object-oriented programming language was Simula (1967).
Digital Equiment Corporation shipped its first computer in 1958.
Plenty happened before the 1970 ground-breaking ceremony for PARC shown in your picture...
On the bright side, some of the other stuff in your article is correct, and Xerox did take these ideas to new heights.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops