2 posts • joined 15 Sep 2010
Daily Mail? Calmer view?
Surely there must be a proper news source you can reference.
Otherwise, spot on.
'Ware the Oracle Barrel, my lord
The problem isn't that Oracle are charging $1000/socket now - it is what it will do a few years down the line that should be the real concern. Sun never excelled at vendor lock-in (some may call that a virtue); Oracle on the other hand exemplify it. The per-socket prices now are just a taster of what is to come once they have their customers more firmly welded to their OS.
Talk to your DBAs about Oracle pricing plans - you may want to bring a box of tissues and your sympathetic face. And don't mention yachts.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update