2 posts • joined Wednesday 15th September 2010 13:54 GMT
'Ware the Oracle Barrel, my lord
The problem isn't that Oracle are charging $1000/socket now - it is what it will do a few years down the line that should be the real concern. Sun never excelled at vendor lock-in (some may call that a virtue); Oracle on the other hand exemplify it. The per-socket prices now are just a taster of what is to come once they have their customers more firmly welded to their OS.
Talk to your DBAs about Oracle pricing plans - you may want to bring a box of tissues and your sympathetic face. And don't mention yachts.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene