2 posts • joined 15 Sep 2010
Daily Mail? Calmer view?
Surely there must be a proper news source you can reference.
Otherwise, spot on.
'Ware the Oracle Barrel, my lord
The problem isn't that Oracle are charging $1000/socket now - it is what it will do a few years down the line that should be the real concern. Sun never excelled at vendor lock-in (some may call that a virtue); Oracle on the other hand exemplify it. The per-socket prices now are just a taster of what is to come once they have their customers more firmly welded to their OS.
Talk to your DBAs about Oracle pricing plans - you may want to bring a box of tissues and your sympathetic face. And don't mention yachts.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates