2 posts • joined Monday 4th June 2007 13:22 GMT
Nuclear Plants DO NOT run all the time
Nuclear plants need to be switched off to replace fuel and remove radioactive waste. I remember reading that those in the UK are only on for about 60% of the time. As for wind - I see the point, but as more wind farms are built and if they are distributed sensibly around the UK the probability of there being insufficient power from them declines asymptotically.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support