2 posts • joined 4 Jun 2007
Nuclear Plants DO NOT run all the time
Nuclear plants need to be switched off to replace fuel and remove radioactive waste. I remember reading that those in the UK are only on for about 60% of the time. As for wind - I see the point, but as more wind farms are built and if they are distributed sensibly around the UK the probability of there being insufficient power from them declines asymptotically.
My immediate reaction
to the logo was, "Good God! How Hideous!" I guess that many will have a similar reaction. It looks like a picture of vomit, as rendered by Picasso.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro