2 posts • joined 6 Sep 2010
Adam Curtis is what television was made for!
Adam Curtis is a genius! I don't remember being stimulated since A.J.P.Taylor 'talked to the screen'. And, just when you despair of the BBC along comes 'Watched over by machines of loving grace' and The Shadow Line - of course, bumped off to BBC 2 because the BBC knows that the hoi polloi, tou stupid by 'alf, won't bother watching. But Clarks 'Civilisation', Dennis Potters hits and misses, and Adam Curtis and all his ouevre (sic!). To make television think! And thus we too!
The commies being the most puritanical bunch that ever was (excepting those roundheads!)?
And yes Hitler was a founder of the National Socialist German Workers Party - there is no difference, either in consequence, or essence, between that and the commies. Anyone heard of Stalin's 'socialism in one country'!
My moniker because Ivan Blatny was a great, mad (Czechoslovak) poet also hounded by the commies (he ended up in a London asylum - either hiding or mad or both, no one knows).
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Find email DIFFICULT? Print this article out and give it to someone 'techy'
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...