4 posts • joined 31 Aug 2010
From the download page, the only performance-related change they mention is:
"Fixed a performance issue with recent Linux kernels when allocating and freeing system memory."
I wonder if this was enough to double performance?
If the drive is 256GB, which answer is closer, 256Gb or 256Tb?
Cost of Chinese labour: 2%
Here's a breakdown of the cost of an iPad, from the Economist:
Are they going to force me to rummage through my loft for a "skateboarding is not a crime" sticker from the 80s?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON