4 posts • joined 31 Aug 2010
From the download page, the only performance-related change they mention is:
"Fixed a performance issue with recent Linux kernels when allocating and freeing system memory."
I wonder if this was enough to double performance?
If the drive is 256GB, which answer is closer, 256Gb or 256Tb?
Cost of Chinese labour: 2%
Here's a breakdown of the cost of an iPad, from the Economist:
Are they going to force me to rummage through my loft for a "skateboarding is not a crime" sticker from the 80s?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low