7 posts • joined Friday 27th August 2010 14:06 GMT
Apple Tax.. extra revenue
I am not sure if it's what the author meant or not, but the Apple tax could also mean having to buy other Apple products to use their products rather than having some (if limited) choice. The Apple universe is not really something you dip your toe into, more its a full on leap into fruit-ville and has a price tag to go with it.
HTC Repair Service
I would have to disagree with you here. My wife and I both own HTC Desires. Mine has been flawless but my wife's started overheating and rebooting when it was pushed hard with GPS and Google Maps running. I called HTC, I got an RMA straight away, and they only actually had the phone for one day so we were without her phone for 3 days in total with postage times. I was very impressed and the experience will make me think more than twice about which phone to get come upgrade time (it's in May this year so thinking either HTC "something" or Samsung Galaxy S3).
Improvement on TV Drive launch
Having been with Telewest / NTL / Virgin Media for nearly 10 years I would say there is a big improvement on the launch of this new product than previously under other management. When I took the TV Drive (now known as V+ HD) from Telewest the box was practically unuseable and I actually ended up with a 6 month refund of the rental (then £10/month).
I have instantly got on with the Tivo box and can see where future software upgrades will make the experience more slick and easier to use.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones