4 posts • joined 23 Aug 2010
Easier said then done
The watch industry is not nearly as tech savvy as you'd like, something to do with selling obsolete tech. Even assuming that he reported the watch stolen to IWC, which not many people do, unless the Jeweler was an authorized dealer, it's unlikely they'd have even responded to his queries and neigh impossible that it would have happened in a timely manner. The jeweler probably made a copy of his drivers license and simply passed that on to the copy when questioned
If I remember correctly all their secure storage facilities mean that they actually are the owner of a massive amount of real-estate, enough to qualify them as a REIT. They can still do their core business, even if they change corporate types...
I do hope the borrow apple's switch for controlling ringing. The magic, i'm in the holster, I'm out of the holster is kinda cool (and could make the basis for an excellent Old Spice parody), but sometimes you just want the thing to shut-up, without going through menus or finding a magnet
Does OCS still only work with MS client software? One of the reasons we spiked LCS when our "all windows everywhere" admin was pushing for it was lack of clients for non-windows boxes that weren't horrible
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity