1 post • joined 6 Aug 2010
Margins may improve with hybrid clouds
I'd like to chime in regarding margins. In addition to the commercial cloud infrastructure offerings by Red Hat and others, I think the moves by Openstack and OW2 toward an open source cloud stack will result in a mushrooming of private clouds at the enterprise and perhaps the SME level. The real benefit of private clouds won't be realized as long as they are closed systems -- otherwise they are just a overly complicated form of virtualization. I see the trend pointing toward hybrid clouds, in which private cloud owners will pay a much higher margin to owners of public clouds like Amazon for intermittant bursting than they are now for VM hosting.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO