3 posts • joined 5 Aug 2010
"the crowd, effectively, becomes the news editor"?
Er, no they don't.
But I'd have to have Exerion and Xevious on my all-time list.
Honorable mentions for Gyruss, Double Dragon and Sinistar (if only for booming "Run coward!!" voice that punctuates the game).
I'm getting nostalgic. TIme to dig up my MAME ROMs....
Bad Google, bad
The Portakabin case may be a "brand-becomes-generic" situation, by generally speaking this is a very bad move from Google.
This will affect smaller businesses in particular. There's now nothing to stop competitors outbidding on a trade marked business or product name and injecting their advertising into search results.
Unless you're able to match your competitors financial resources and "buy" the keywords back you're screwed.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update