3 posts • joined 5 Aug 2010
"the crowd, effectively, becomes the news editor"?
Er, no they don't.
But I'd have to have Exerion and Xevious on my all-time list.
Honorable mentions for Gyruss, Double Dragon and Sinistar (if only for booming "Run coward!!" voice that punctuates the game).
I'm getting nostalgic. TIme to dig up my MAME ROMs....
Bad Google, bad
The Portakabin case may be a "brand-becomes-generic" situation, by generally speaking this is a very bad move from Google.
This will affect smaller businesses in particular. There's now nothing to stop competitors outbidding on a trade marked business or product name and injecting their advertising into search results.
Unless you're able to match your competitors financial resources and "buy" the keywords back you're screwed.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…