3 posts • joined 30 Jul 2010
Bake your own SAN?
And how to you guarantee throughput between the storage and an application? And what happens as you expand your storage capacity? And where's the redundancy? Businesses don't just use SANs for performance - it's the reliability that's key. That's how EMC Symmetrix has held the top spot in datacentre SANs.
SAN 'expense' vs NAS 'cheapness'
I think this article kind of misses pointing out that not *all* NAS devices have the capability of providing block-based storage too...
I believe Dell have had a Hybrid SAS/SSD array out for a while now, in their Equallogic range?
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...