3 posts • joined 30 Jul 2010
Bake your own SAN?
And how to you guarantee throughput between the storage and an application? And what happens as you expand your storage capacity? And where's the redundancy? Businesses don't just use SANs for performance - it's the reliability that's key. That's how EMC Symmetrix has held the top spot in datacentre SANs.
SAN 'expense' vs NAS 'cheapness'
I think this article kind of misses pointing out that not *all* NAS devices have the capability of providing block-based storage too...
I believe Dell have had a Hybrid SAS/SSD array out for a while now, in their Equallogic range?
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network