3 posts • joined 30 Jul 2010
Bake your own SAN?
And how to you guarantee throughput between the storage and an application? And what happens as you expand your storage capacity? And where's the redundancy? Businesses don't just use SANs for performance - it's the reliability that's key. That's how EMC Symmetrix has held the top spot in datacentre SANs.
SAN 'expense' vs NAS 'cheapness'
I think this article kind of misses pointing out that not *all* NAS devices have the capability of providing block-based storage too...
I believe Dell have had a Hybrid SAS/SSD array out for a while now, in their Equallogic range?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015