3 posts • joined 30 Jul 2010
Bake your own SAN?
And how to you guarantee throughput between the storage and an application? And what happens as you expand your storage capacity? And where's the redundancy? Businesses don't just use SANs for performance - it's the reliability that's key. That's how EMC Symmetrix has held the top spot in datacentre SANs.
SAN 'expense' vs NAS 'cheapness'
I think this article kind of misses pointing out that not *all* NAS devices have the capability of providing block-based storage too...
I believe Dell have had a Hybrid SAS/SSD array out for a while now, in their Equallogic range?
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland