3 posts • joined 1 Jun 2007
If it's PICs vs ARM vs AVR
Then surely the arduino board is the way to go. It's open source, so it's got an IT angle.
Haven't really been following so if this has been said before, everyone please berate me.
You mention some kind of syringe-based mechanism. How about this: attach the plane to the plunger of a 100ml syringe and attach the barrel to the ballon. Suck 1ml air into the syring on the ground (at 100kPa). At 100,000ft (about 1kPa according to http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-altitude-pressure-d_462.html), the plunger will fall out.
The more interesting story...
...is just down the street. If you look South along Bellevue Avenue, there is a building being consumed by a Martian death ray.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE