3 posts • joined Friday 1st June 2007 14:48 GMT
Haven't really been following so if this has been said before, everyone please berate me.
You mention some kind of syringe-based mechanism. How about this: attach the plane to the plunger of a 100ml syringe and attach the barrel to the ballon. Suck 1ml air into the syring on the ground (at 100kPa). At 100,000ft (about 1kPa according to http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-altitude-pressure-d_462.html), the plunger will fall out.
The more interesting story...
...is just down the street. If you look South along Bellevue Avenue, there is a building being consumed by a Martian death ray.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst